Sunday, June 9, 2013

A tangential mind

I have a problem.  It's pretty common, I think, but goes by different names, depending on who is talking.  I have what I call either a trivial or a tangential mind.  That is to say, I find that I tend to have very random thoughts at sometimes inappropriate times, and this can lead to strange ideas.   I  have an enormous amount of totally trivial knowledge stored in my brain, that seems to pop up at the weirdest moments.  I also had a huge repository of songs, any one of which could be triggered to play at any moment.  I call this my internal iPod, which at times is amusing, and when I can share the song, is fine, but when I can't, causes people around me to wonder what I am laughing or smiling about.

Sometimes, I have so much going on in there, that I don't know what to do.

Sadly this often results in feelings of being overwhelmed and an ensuing lethargy and procrastination. Others might call this ADD or ADHD and some would even go so far as to suggesting medication.

Today, however, I am actually trying to focus on a couple of things that could be really important. So I am going to try to tame some of the other stuff, focus, and be productive.

 On the other hand. ....

Squirrel!

2 comments: