Sunday, June 9, 2013

Time

It's a strange thing, time.  According to Dr. Who " People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." 

Of course, if you don't know who Dr Who is, then that quote means nothing to you.  So go and look it all up!

So, I wrote and published a blog back in October.  I had already written a couple of other "blog-like" pages, and stored them on my computer, not brave enough to publish them.  However, now that I am going on a "Big Adventure" I need to start out again.  I have change the title of the blog (worked out how to!) from Starting Out to In a Round Hole.  I feel the need to explain that a little.  I often feel like the proverbial Square Peg in a Round Hole, being hammered about so that I fit, hence my blogger name.  However, I was not happy when I started, not realising that I had given the whole blog a title, as opposed to the blog I was writing at the time. I also got busy/lazy and was not disciplined enough to keep writing.  

Skip forward to today.  In 3 days I leave for France, to travel to St Jean Port de Pierre and then walk El Camino de Santiago, or The Way of St James, from south west France, across to Santiago de Compostela and I really need to document this trip.  So, I resurrect the blog, and hope that I can work out how to access it on the iPad I will have with me.

The time between then and now has disappeared.  Things have happened, some good, some bad, but I've done my usual "muddle through" and moved on. I am not the most "computerate" of people, but I can type and write, so am hoping for a little bit of success with this.

As one of my favourite films characters said: "To infinity, and beyond" ... well, maybe not to infinity, but the first step is France, and that happens on Wednesday, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To "Infinity and beyond"......however far that is?.....think I'll thumb a lift on this blog...

    ReplyDelete