Sunday, June 16, 2013

Walking on (Day 2)

The correct footwear correctly fitted is everything.  Nico has 2 very sore,burst blisters on each ankle,from not having his boots tied tightly enough on the first day.  We have now bought something to cover them for a while, which is supposed to help with healing as well.   I have a rather large bruised area across the top of my right foor where my boot was laced too tightly, and dug into my foot on every downhill, of which there were many on the second day of the walk.  However, these are surmountable.  I loosened the lacing this morning, and the bruising is already healing.

The walk from Roncesvalles to Larrasoana was long, with stops for breakfast, lunch stuff, snack, water breaks, breathers,  but we made it to our destination.  In the albergue we met up with Carol again, which was fun.  We also met a couple from Sidcup, which was rather a surprise.   Breakfast was not going to happen unless I cooked, so we went to the supermarket, where I got eggs, chorizo and bread for omelet.  Speaking Spanish is a real advantage in these situations, so much so that I was left in charge of the shop,  while the owner went to get the oven fresh bread for us!

Then there was the incident with the Chinese, guy, but that is a story in and of itself!

2 comments:

  1. You have the makings of a book...or an incredibly hard instant challenge...akoski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you could sort out a 3 book deal with $1m advance I'm sure In a round hole would be happy ;-)

      Delete